A great zero carb recipe. This is a pretty standard burger recipe, I went looking for different recipes but they are all similar. The best thing to do is try all different methods and see what works best for you. This method is mine, and it’s a combination of other recipes.
500g Minced Beef (The higher the fat content the better. The best I have found is 20% fat)
500g Minced Pork
Pack of Streaky Bacon
*Note* Along with the salt and pepper you can use any seasoning you wish. Powered onion or garlic is acceptable if you have them in your diet. Never use fresh onion or garlic, only powdered. Experiment with different seasonings.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. You will need to get your hands in there and make sure its really mixed in well.
- Lay out 2 slices of streaky bacon, one over the other in a cross. Make sure they cross in the centre.
- Take a handful of the burger meat, make it in to a ball in your hands. Make sure its nice and tight. Place the ball of meat in the centre of the bacon cross, where the 2 slices cross over. Then pat the meat down so its flattened and round. You will need to shape it a bit
*Note* You could use a burger press for this stage so it’s a good tight and round patty.
- Now fold the slices of bacon up over the patty. Now you have a burger patty wrapped in bacon.
- Now fry these in a pre-heated skillet on a high heat (or pan) – You want the bacon nice and seared. I turn the heat down and cook both sides for around 10
- Once its cooked, use a knife and cut into the centre and make sure the fat runs clear and has no blood. You might want to sear the sides of the burgers too.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can add to this and experiment. I have had added cheese in the middle of the burger, messed around with the seasoning I used. Maybe add some Cumin or cyan pepper??
I have also added bacon to the mix instead of wrapping the burger with it. I cooked the bacon till it was nice and crispy. Then I broke it up and then used my hand blender to make it a crumbled bacon. I made it quite fine. I mixed that in with the minced meat. There is no need to add salt if you do this as the bacon is enough.